Weighted average prices for jet fuel in the largest airports of the Moscow Aviation Hub (MAH).
MAH Index is calculated for the following type of refined products:
- Jet Fuel.
MAH Index is calculated for the Moscow Aviation Hub, which includes the following delivery points for exchange-traded contracts:
- Moscow Aviation Hub Balancing Point;
- Vnukovo Airport BFI Tanks;
- Sheremetyevo Airport BFI Tanks;
- Domodedovo Airport BFI Tanks.
A consolidated price indicator is calculated:
- Index for exchange-traded contracts is calculated for each trading day on the basis of contracts made during organized trading in the SPIMEX Refined Products Section.
MAH Index includes excise tax and VAT at the rate established in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
MAH Index is calculated as the weighted average price for all exchange-traded contracts with jet fuel at delivery points located in the MAH airports.
The calculation of the MAH Index does not take into account contracts made under negotiated orders, contracts with a volume of more than 1,000 tons, and contracts that differ in price from contracts made on previous days by more than 10%.
Unlike the Regional Price Index for jet fuel in Moscow, the MAH Index focuses directly on the prices for end consumers — commercial aviation.
Trading at the balancing point of the Moscow Aviation Hub (MAH) offers a number of advantages that allow using it as the basis for calculation of the index:
- Local location of destination stations reduces the risks associated with transportation costs.
- Destination stations of the MAH balancing point correspond to the largest airports consuming jet fuel, which guarantees stable demand for fuel.
- When making exchange-traded contracts changing of shipping details for stations not provided for in the specification is not allowed.