Weighted average prices of lignite, thermal, metallurgical coal and anthracite in the main coal basins.
Territorial indices are calculated for the following main types of coal:
- Brown thermal coal (grade B);
- Bituminous thermal high-volatile coal (grades D, DG, G);
- Bituminous thermal low-volatile coal (grades SS, T);
- Metallurgical coal (grades GZhO, GZh, Zh, Kzh, K, KO, KST, OS, TS);
- Oxidized coal (oxidized coals of metallurgical grades);
- Anthracite (grade A),
in the nine largest coal-mining regions of Russia:
- Pechora (Komi Republic);
- South (Rostov Oblast);
- Kuzbass (Kemerovo and Novosibirsk Oblast);
- Minusinsk (Republic of Khakassia);
- Krasnoyarsk (Krasnoyarsk Krai);
- Irkutsk (Irkutsk Oblast);
- Yakutia (Republic of Sakha);
- Transbaikalia (Zabaykalsky Krai and Republic of Buryatia);
- Far East (Amur Oblast, Khabarovsk Krai and Primorsky Krai).
Territorial Coal Price Indices include the following indicators:
- Indices for OTC-traded coal are calculated monthly on the basis of information on OTC contracts provided to SPIMEX in accordance with the requirements of Regulation of the Russian Federation Government of 23 July 2013 No. 623.
Territorial indices include excise tax and VAT at the rate established in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
Territorial Price Indices for OTC-traded coal are calculated as the weighted average price of OTC contracts, shipment under which is made directly from the coal extraction site. The calculation takes into account only contracts for delivery of coal to the domestic market by rail, the price of which is determined in the month, when the index is calculated.
Indices for OTC contracts are calculated with a delay of 3 business days required for the exchange to collect information on OTC contracts.
Indices for OTC contracts are calculated only subject to the following conditions:
- Total volume of contracts included in the basis for calculation of Territorial Indices is at least 300 tons.
- When calculating the index for OTC contracts in compliance with the Regulation of the Russian Federation Government, information on contracts of at least two (2) persons that have entered into an OTC contract and at least three (3) purchasers of commodities is used.
An additional Territorial Index defined in rubles per ton of coal equivalent (tce) is calculated for thermal coal. Tce — is a unit of measurement that corresponds to one ton of fuel with a calorific value of 7,000 kcal. Territorial Index per tce is calculated only on the condition that the minimum caloric value is determined and is not equal to zero.
Neither adjusting factors nor transportation tariffs are used in the calculation of Territorial Indices. The only information used is contract prices and volumes. Therefore, Territorial Indices are the most precise indicator of the current average price of coal in the largest coal-mining regions of Russia.
A ton of coal equivalent is defined as the amount of energy released upon combustion of 1 ton of thermal coal with calorific capacity of 7,000 kcal/kg.